Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 20 August 2013

I almost got cosmetic surgery as a teenager: Juhi Chawla

14:04

Entertainment and cosmetic surgery sometimes go hand in hand. Despite mishaps taking place, like that of pop king Michael Jackson, a celebrity cosmetic surgeon probably makes more money than any other in the medical field.
Cosmetic surgery is not only limited to Hollywood. Be it for the fuller lips or a sleeker nose, numerous B-town actors have also gone under the knife to get the perfect look, but at the same time, have explicitly denied it.
However, actor Juhi Chawla comes clean about how she almost went through a nose fix when she was a teenager. “When I was a teenager, I hated my nose. So I went to a cosmetic surgeon and he said he’d have to break this and that. I got scared. The whole procedure frightened me and that I would not look the same. So I never went through with it or went back to him,” said Chawla at the opening of a skin care clinic in New Delhi, reported the Hindustan Times.
Like any other diplomatic Bollywood diva, Chawla chose to remain mum over who all has gone through a cosmetic procedure but nonetheless, she advised people who might be thinking of going through one.
“I wouldn’t want to comment on what they do as it’s a personal choice. If you want to enhance anything, if you want to look better, feel better, who’s to say no? As a person if you ask me, you could change yourself completely. But there should be a balance. You could lose your personality. Don’t lose yourself,” said the 45-year-old actor.
Apart from her almost-cosmetic adventure, the actor, who is also a trained singer, might consider releasing an album. “But it’s not going to be pop or rock. Mine would be of a different genre. It is in the planning, now that you have mentioned it,” she said.
Juhi, who has been on and off the screen for quite some time now, will soon be seen in a negative role in her upcoming film Gulab Gang, alongside arch-rival Madhuri Dixit. She said that she found her experience in the film very exciting and challenging as an actor.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 20th, 2013.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer